Pitch Me

LinkShare_468x60v1

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rest for the Weary Soul

I was sitting here wondering what I was going to blog about & it came to my like one of those little light bulbs that turn on over a cartoon character's head :) Rest for the Weary Soul-->that soul being a mother.

I believe that many mothers are exhausted to the point of collapsing but because of the need to go on for those families we love oh so dearly & sacrifice oh so much! 

Let me first commend all you mothers who like myself go to bed well after everyone else has & rise long before anyone else see's the light of day to insure all the laundry is done, the dishes are washed, lunches are made, toys are picked up, & that life as they know it continues on just as if nothing has changed...HIP HIP HOORAY!!! 

I know that we all have so much to do in order to keep sanity in our lives & the lives of our family, but we have to remember that we MUST take time out to recharge & wind down. 

Now each of us has our own way to recharge & that's okay, but you must find what helps you to unwind & permanently place that into your schedule for a weekly meeting. You need at least an hour a week of absolute 'ME' time where there are no 'kids' or 'hubby' involved. Otherwise it isn't 'ME' time at all is it.

I am going to give a list of things that I think are great 'recharge' kind of activities for the Weary Souls of Motherdom:

  1. Read a good book!
  2. Take a walk, use your iPod or MP3 player.
  3. Get a coffee @Starbucks!
  4. Take a hot bath w/ some soothing music!
  5. Go for lunch w/ a friend!
Now I'm sure there are many more you could come up w/, so go with it. Just use one each week & carve that time out for yourself.

Ever heard the saying 'If mama ain't happy, nobody's happy!' I am a firm believer of that saying & know from years of watching my mother & her mother raise children that we are the rocks of our family whether single or not & we have to stay 'recharged' for them & ourselves!

How do you recharge? Tell me what you do to get back together & how often do you do it? If you don't do it often, will you make a plan to do so? Pledge to me here & let's see!!

5 comments:

  1. I have just started working out at lunch which is only for 'me' when i step on the scales at the end of the week. If i can remember that feeling I push myself to go. Otherwise, i can justify sitting and doing nothing because that is both a rarity and a luxury!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula that's a great idea! I know many people either walk, work out via their company gym, or at a local gym during work not just for the fitness but the wind down time. Thanks so much for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pull out favorite DVD's or put on HGTV, make hot chocolate, and watch for at least 30 minutes...it really works!
    Swati

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, thanks for checking out my blog! I'm so glad it's on Twitter Moms. I really liked this post. Just this morning, I put on Twitter & Facebook that I wondered if I was ever going to sleep through the night again! For one reason or another I'm awakened at least once a night. I noted that it would be a good blog post. Your ideas are great for creating a little "me" time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swati that's a great idea for getting some 'me' time, even it if is only 30 minutes!

    Judy, your welcome! I am glad to see that other mommies are walking the floors in the middle of the night just as I am, even if its not by choice!

    ReplyDelete