Pitch Me

LinkShare_468x60v1

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Who I am

I guess to start to answer this question there are a few things that I must first state. This is the sort of question that has an ever changing answer. I mean almost daily my 'duties' or the 'definition' of who I am changes. Why? I'm sure that's what you are asking, well it's because my life is always changing and each day brings a new adventure or nightmare, just depends on how you look at it. Honestly, each day I wake up I never really know what is going to happen, where I will end up, who is going to need what out of me, what I am going to feel like doing, or where the day will lead me. 
Today I had a very new title added on to the everlasting list that defines 'Who I am.' That new title was 'mouse killer?!' I know someone of you are like 'what you just set a trap out?' NO! My mother who has a cat (that's where we stay currently, due to the newly 'single' status) put the cat outside and while in the process of feeding the cat, comes inside and says 'Trina, come look at Pepper (the cat) it looks like she has a bird or something!' So I go outside and see the cat at the bottom of the ramp and hear this 'squeaking' while she is madly batting something around. I walk down the ramp and see that she has a baby mouse, I mean this thing can't be any longer than 2 to 2 1/2 inches long and about 2 inches in height. Its the cutest thing I've ever seen and she is playing with it, not hurting it, just doing her duty as a cat. Well my mama can't stand a mouse (no matter the size) and doesn't like them in the house. 
Now before I go any further let me tell you we live in the woods, *the driveway is about 1 mile back in the woods, on 8 acres of land in the middle of a no-where town, so we are going to have mice! So now she see's that the cat is not going to kill the mouse and it is very close to the house. She says 'Trina kill it, its going to get in the house.' So jokingly I say get the shovel and I'll hit it (mind you I've never killed anything on purpose in my life, other than a bug). She goes and gets the shovel  and says 'here hit it with the shovel?!' OMG! I was mortified because she was serious, so I close my eyes and swing away...it was heart breaking! However, I must do what the 'mother hen' tells me. Now I know some of you 'animal lovers' out there are cursing me to high heaven right now, but trust me I love animals. I've always had a dog, usually don't mind animals as long as they don't bother me, but I live with someone else and am cared for by someone else (she provides the basics, since I don't have a job, only school) so I must comply.
That brings my newest title to 'mouse killer!' What will tomorrow bring...Lord only knows...maybe it will be 'Millionaire'...one can always dream right!

No comments:

Post a Comment