Pitch Me

LinkShare_468x60v1

Monday, December 21, 2009

Girl World..If You Are Raising a Girl This is Important!

So on today's Dr. Phil show he spoke on the 'Girl World.' Now for those of you who don't know what that is, and if you were born in the late 70's and up you will know what it is. The 'Girl World' is the hateful, demeaning, depressing, suicidal, sickening, insanely childish world of 'The Mean Girls!' If you've seen that movie 'The Mean Girls' starring Lindsay Lohan you get somewhat of an idea of what I'm talking about, but that movie put it in a much lighter context.

Here's is the link to Dr.Phil's show today Girl World..Monday Dr.Phil Show . Now I'm going to tell you some of the things I heard on this show just made me sick to my stomach. There was one girl who said that in the 'second 2nd grade' she was bullied by a group of girls who called her a 'slut,' OMG!  What second grader knows what a slut is, much less is using the word to threaten or demean another little girl. I didn't even know the word much less would I have used it for any reason at the age. My first question is 'WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?' Honestly I know we all have to work and make a living and provide the life our children are living, especially if we are single parents, but ladies 'especially' we must ensure that our little girls are not these BULLIES! I would be absolutely ashamed & embarassed to know that my girl at any age was a bully and hurting someone's feelings all just to 'fit in?!' 

I know it happens everywhere, but that does not mean that as parents we should stand by and let our children to deal with it or learn to cope, because sometimes the bullying can go way to far and the results are deadly!! I would never condone my child nor let them get away with bullying no more than I am going to just sit by and wait while 'you, slacker of a parent' do nothing because you think that your child is standing up for themself or 'oh kids will be kids,' you would not be saying that if the shoe was on the other foot. Get a hold on your child and teach them that in order to one day be a respectable adult they should first be a respectable child and that means treating their peers (regardless if they like them or not) with the same respect that they wish to receive. 

Mothers, we must strive to raise our daughters to be strong women, NOT cruel women! These girls that are today bullying by words, fights, or cyber bullying are the people who will one day be teaching my grandchildren or their children may be interacting with my children...the thought just makes my skin crawl. Not for the sake of the child, but the absolute disregard that the parent 'who has a bully for a child' displays when they are approached with the fact that their child is a bully. Deal with it, don't be ashamed, talk with them, help them to understand that this is not the way to carry yourself today or any day in the future. 

It's so bad that girls will get into fights 'with their bullee' just to show how big of a 'bullier' they are...watch I'm going to search youtube right now and very quickly pull something up to post for you...Crazy Teenage Girls...Girl World . This is absolutely insane I can't believe that girls can be so cruel, honestly I would hope that if I were this girl that I didn't see each one of them on the street individually some day cause let me tell you they have a serious a$$ wooping coming! So please stand up teach your girls & help them to understand this is not the way to solve things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment